Monday, February 25, 2008

The Journey begins...

Woo HOO!! I did it... almost 2 completed months into 2008 but I finally managed to get a date with my treadmill & I showed up, too! New MOTTO from here forward is... NO MORE EXCUSES!! New life plan begins NOW!!

So, this morning I actually completed the first day of the C25K Program... I originally got this idea from a wonderful & hilarious blogger located HERE who has become a daily must have/read who led me to another blogger located HERE who gave me additional Inspiration & motivation to finally Get.OFF.The.COUCH!! (Also a daily read to carry on the motivation!! Keep up the good work, JKW!) So, I did it... & I am still BREATHING! & I have a whole new look out on the week & it's MONDAY! (Previously always a BAD day after completing 24 plus hrs of work in 2 days) Matter of fact... this has brought me to the NEW LIFE Plan....
#1- At least 8 hrs of sleep per night
#2- Breakfast, everyday (Also to eat sensible but NO Diet)
#3- Exercise... (C25K)
#4- Shower... everyday! (No judging here please... FT job from home M-F, plus 2boys, sports, ETC)
#5- Only work 8 hrs a day... (Seems simple enough but being at home it often takes 10-12 hrs just to get that accomplished!)
#6- Spend quality time with MY GUYS every evening!

(Oh, Yeah... I probably should also list on here to Cut Off my Drug of Choice....
You guessed it... DR PEPPER!! But hey... 1 body can only take so much change!!) I will limit to 1 a day & get back to H2O!!

Hopefully, this will make me feel better & find the JOY that most of you remember! :o) Plus also help me take off an additional 20lbs & I might even look more like the JOY you know & the one I am so much more comfortable with!! (I mean, Seth is about to turn 3... can't really still be using that excuse, can I? & Since he's almost lost all his baby fat... maybe I should too!) ;o)

OK... I am going to stop before I get waayyy too ahead of myself! I know it was only 30+ min on the treadmill.... so don't burst my bubble here! I WILL be back before the end of the week with updates! (Provided I can still walk! He He) Oh & another bonus... Steven joined me on the journey & he also completed his first day too! How cool is that?? Truly my life partner & Best Friend E.V.A.H! Hopefully we both will be SMOKIN' HOT by summer! (OK... realistically, I will settle with healthy & great role models to the boys!)

Until next time....

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! You can do this!

Anonymous said...

Yayy!! Good for you! I've been trying to change my life too! My weight and health have gotten WAY out of control these past few years. Follow my journey at www.valeriesweightlossjourney.blogspot.com We'll cheer each other on! Love you girl!

Sasha said...

Fabulous! Let me know if you want to added to my C25K blogroll!

Joy said...

Hi Sasha,

I would be honored! I absolutely LOVE your blog & it's greatly because of you that I am on this Journey! Thanks!! I can't wait to add your bling to my blog... but holding that as motivation to get thru the next few weeks! (SAD, I know)I hope you don't mind that I added your link on my blog!! Hopefully I can start you a SC fan base!

Joy

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on your 30 lbs GONE!! That's awesome. Maybe it took us nearly 36 years to finally figure it out, huh? :) Love ya!