Thursday, October 18, 2007

Seth... More like Daddy than we knew

So... since Seth was born we have heard so many times how Logan is just like Steven & Seth just like me! Perfect... right??? Well, as the kids get older they begin to look more & more alike! Honestly when I look at them they are Logan & Seth... It's hard for me to see Steven or I...they are just my babies.

I will admit that even though Logan looks just like Daddy I see a lot of me in his personality. Likewise in Seth... he may look more like me (which is changing daily to look more like daddy) but I see a lot of Steven's personality & characteristics in him..... (Steven will so disagree with this! :o)) But we have to admit that Seth is certainly a very head strong child, once his mind is made up, there is no stopping him or changing his mind (sounds exactly like me right?? LOL)

So today, I had confirmation that Seth is truly his Daddy's boy.... Steven came home from picking up the kids at school with a "cute" story from Ms Miranda (Seth's Teacher). She says when they are playing outside that she frequently finds Seth under a toy car.... & when she asks him what he's doing?? He responds.... " I fix it".... "Daddy fix it".... WOW, what a truly proud daddy moment (there's that smile on Steven I talked about before) & I also noticed the other week when we went to Aunt Lynne's house for dinner, instead of Seth interacting with all his cousins or Nanny... I found him inspecting all the locks on their doors & he would not leave them alone till he had it ALL figured out... you know exactly how they worked, what they did, & if all the locks on all the doors worked the same. Don't know about you, but that sounds exactly like DADDY to me!

So there you have it! Seth is truly more like daddy than we have thought! I can remember Lib (Steven's mother) telling me the story of when Steven was in elementary school that he had a teacher that told her not to ever worry about his grades that Steven was going to do something with his hands & would be able to work on or fix anything. So was she seeing these behaviors that we have seen in Seth?? It's truly amazing to me, as I sit in AWE & watch my babies grow up & how both of them are perfect mixes of both Steven & I. I just pray that got the BEST of our personalities..... :o)

No comments: